Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Contrary to Popular Belief...

This is not me:


Yes, I have a vagina. Yes, I happen to have two X chromosomes. Yes, sometimes I have a bad day and cheer myself up by stuffing my face with ice cream and chocolate. Yes, sometimes I cry over "rescue the puppies" commercials. Yes, I enjoy frilly lingerie. Yes, I think a man should propose and suck it up and buy me a magnificent rock someday.

But this does not mean that I'm an idiot. Or that I can't comprehend "male ideas." This doesn't mean I can cook (or want to cook for people.) It doesn't mean I want to have a brainless job. It doesn't mean I want to be a receptionist. It doesn't mean that because I'm cute, I'm retarded. It doesn't mean you can ignore me entirely, or talk right over me. It doesn't mean you can be a gigantic douche wad. It doesn't mean you're better.

So shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down and STOP.

Thanks, people.

No comments: