Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Tuesday That Wasn't

Days till Menopause: 7 (One Week!!!)

Today is Tuesday, but for the first time since I actually started being a responsible quasi-adult and going to work, I don't feel the urge to messily commit suicide. I'm in a good mood today - and, dare I say, almost chipper. I'm not entirely sure why I'm in a good mood, particularly because I'm attempting to clear some very big hurdles at the moment, but today just has a good vibe to it. And I actually slept through the night, without any weird dreams. That has to add to my awake-and-perky status.

Which means in 10 minutes I'll be huddled under my desk and crying about how wrong I was, but so be it.

I just have this good feeling about life. Even though I spend most of my time lost and confused, in a dark tunnel of despair (i.e. drunk) I just know that things are going to work out. And in any case, if they don't, I'd make a great hobo.

But enough about that!

Jen sent me a message on gmail asking for words for a crossword, which got me thinking. What are your favorite words? Do you have any words that are particularly tantalizing to you? Here are some of my favorite words of all times:

- Fuck
- Discombobulate
- Onomatopoeia
- Sexile
- Herpetitus
- Flabbergast
- Spelunking
- Schmutzka
- Glockenspiel

The odder, the better. Not that sexile and herpetitus are actual words, but that's okay. Urban Dictionary has them, which means that technically they are recognized across the country by retarded 16 year-old boys that have too much time on their hands. Good enough for me!

Words aside, 2 of the 3 seasons of Futurama that I ordered came in the mail! Which means now I'm just waiting for the first season, and I'll have all 4. Now, I don't know why you watch Futurama (for the jokes, the crude animation, the awesomely perverted subject matter), but I watch it for one sexy, sensual reason: Dr. Zoidberg.



Because nothing - nothing - is sexier than a questionably, alien crustacean with an insatiable appetite for food and any item that could possibly be perceived as food (not limited to: boots, trash, other creatures, friends, professors, skin, and shells.)

Unless, of course, you put him on a giant sperm:

Sexiness Personified

I love Futurama because it makes absolutely no sense, and doesn't pretend to. It's sort of like when you smoke a lot of weed, but the weed is accidentally cut with PCP, but instead of getting angry and violent you get really trippy and see things. Like giant crustacean alien doctors on enormous sperm.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen when I'm cryogenically frozen for a thousand years, and wake up sometime in the 30-something century of my choosing. They'll have a cure for whatever disease it was I was running away from (which may indeed be old age - I mean c'mon, they must've figured out age reversal at that point) so I can step boldly, freely, and happily into the brand new world. I wonder if Boston will follow the same fate as New York, and be built over - will I live in New Boston? Or New New York? Or DC? Cause DC is already pretty lecherous at this point, I'm not sure changing it into a sewer would actually have any major effect on it.

Okay, so maybe I'm crazy, but Walt Disney did it, so why can't I? All I need to accomplish before hand is to amass a mind blowing net-worth, gain legions of devoted fans, and become absurdly famous. Then they'll have no choice but to chop my head off and stick it in a freezer. Then they can totally thaw me out and put me on, like, Alessandra Ambrosio's body if they want. Oh yeah, baby.

omg, stunning

And that's all I have for you today. I don't have a Survival Technique of the Day because, as you can see, I'm on crack today. I think it's time to chug some more caffeine, and see what happens!

No comments: