Monday, December 17, 2007

Let the Countdowns Commence!

Days till Hull: Now = Tomorrow
Days till Christmas: 8
Days till 2008: 15
Days till Menopause: 28


Vacations, Christmas, and Menopause (oh my [fucking god]) - tis the season for big things!

But before I get to that, first let me say that we had a fabulous weekend, starting with a drunken night out at The Big Hunt (in which not one, not two, but three quasi-attractive men were spotted), and ending with a fabulously drunken night in at our Holiday Party.

Don't hog all the crab dip, Clarence!


We polished off three giant bottles of Yellow Tail wine, two bottles of Korbel champagne, plenty o' liquor, and god only knows how many calories in cupcakes, gooey butter cookies, and deliciously decadent crab and cheese appetizers. We also watched Love, Actually and lamented our status as "too good for the guys here" women, enjoyed some rousing tell-all's, and actually managed to get red wine out of a cream colored carpet. If that doesn't spell success, then I just don't know what does.

Now, with the party behind me, I can focus on the next steps in my life: Hull, Christmas, 2008, and Menopause. I'm actually heading back to Hull on Tuesday night, rather than Thursday night, due to family reasons and some actual issues, so I'll end up being home for a little over a week. Christmas is on Tuesday, and for the first time in 4 years I'll actually head back to DC and spend New Year's in the city. Erin and I, as the resident old biddies, will have to figure out what the two of us can do while everyone else is spread across the country. We're thinking a club, some scandalous outfits, and far too many Long Islands for a normal body to process. 2008, here we come!

This then, of course, brings me to the most "interesting" Countdown on my list: Menopause.

If you don't know what this is, it's the GIANT FUCKING NEEDLE that goes into the muscle on the TOP OF MY ASS


I spent a year going through medically induced menopause (from Dec 2005-Dec 2006) then took a year off to figure out how things would be without it (one word: fail) and, lucky me, I get to jump right back in. From Jan 2007 to at least Jan 2008 I get to indulge myself in hot flashes, night sweats, horrifying mood swings, and all-around insanity. Awesome! This time I'm taking a different Add Back Therapy program, so hopefully I can take the hormones without completely losing my mind. Last time I had to choose between meltingly hot hot flashes (off the Add Back) or mood swings that left me sobbing if someone accidentally looked at me in a way I perceived to be threatening or rude (on the Add Back.) Um... so yeah, hopefully I can get rid of the bulk of all of that. Oh, oh, and keep all my hair! That'd be awesome.

So I have a very merry Holiday Season still ahead of me! Get ready, guys, 2008 is gonna be insane.

No comments: