Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Almosts

I'm watching Mission:Impossible III and finding it very difficult to take Tom Cruise seriously. It's like he almost pulls it off, since the first one was good and he was considered sane back in those days, and it's almost a real thriller even though a good deal of the acting is hilariously painful, and it's almost believable that Tom Cruise can run and leap and act like a real bad ass, even though I'm 2 inches taller than him and could probably bench press him, and it's almost worth it to see the scene in which he's picked up by the Secret Service or whatever and bound and gagged, cause really, who doesn't want to just silence Tom Cruise and leave him bound in a basement somewhere?

Then I realized that today has been a day of almosts in many ways: I almost went to a real job, I almost worked, I almost ate my body weight in Chipotle burritos, Erin and I were almost attacked by a giant wasp, and I almost have an apartment.

(See what I did there? I just used a witty intro by using a movie to draw comparisons to my life. Not that I'm a 5'7" scientologist that can't really act, and if you think that then you're missing the point. I'm way taller and way more bad ass.)

Anyway, the Feminists said I was welcomed to stay on with them until I started a full time job, and I found an apartment my parents finally agreed to let me get, which I get to see tomorrow morning, and I have a second round interview directly after seeing said apartment, which is good news since they said they'd probably only bring back the candidate that they were going to hire for that interview.

That being said, I'll probably miss out on the job and the apartment, since my luck has been terrifically bad lately, and end up permanently fused to Erin's couch. Luckily, we just ordered Chinese (my second dinner of the night, because, you know, I'm anorexic) and that always puts me in a good mood.

No comments: