Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Announcements!

Hi hi hi!

Sorry everyone, I know I've been MIA, and several people have been wondering where I've been, but I promise I'm alive and well, and everything is moving along quite nicely!

I am, very happily, no longer working for my previous employer, which is why I haven't been online during the day. I was going to try to tough it out for a few weeks longer, but there comes a point in one's life where you realize you just can't take it anymore. As much as I enjoyed wasting my life away, well... it was time to start living my life, rather than thinking up imaginative ways to end it.

So I can finally announce: I am officially moving to Los Angeles in June! I've held off announcing it while I was still in the office, seeing as they probably wouldn't have appreciated me broadcasting that fact before telling them I was outta there, but now there's nothing holding me back from migrating west. Not even being broke.


Fuck the cold - palm trees, here I come!


I'm signing with a modeling agency out there (and I'll have more info on that after I finally meet with them face-to-face), and I'll spend my days living the Young American Dream - modeling, waiting tables, and rubbing elbows with every "I'm totally an up-and-coming star!" out there. It's going to be amazing. Jim and I will be building a little love nest of our very own, and we're planning on stalking various celebrities, especially Matthew McConaughey, because A) the dude lives in a trailer on the beach, it's not like he's hard to fine, and B) one of my goals in life is to smoke weed and play the bongo naked with him in a public place; it's just not negotiable.

I'm hoping it'll be something like college: sleep till noon, drink, get some work done, drink, eat some food, go out for the night, drink, etc. (because a life behind a desk, doing nothing, is not for me - a life in which I'm perpetually 20 is) just with Paris Hilton, or something. We're settling in West Hollywood, so it's not like it's out of the question - all the hot young people are there. And while, okay, we might not be living beside them, we'll at least be living beside the gas station they go to. Whatever works!

I'll be in DC for the next 2 weeks, packing and getting ready to go, then I'll be back in Boston for 2 more weeks, to say goodbye to my family and everyone else up there. If you need me, shoot me an email, because my internet appearances will be spotty at best. But, once I'm in LA, I'll actually be purchasing internet (unlike here, in which I steal it from Erin or my neighbors) so I'll be around. Hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't forget me when you become famous =(

Chelsea said...

I could never forget you! If I become famous, I'll fly you out and you can live with me - like a sugamomma

Anonymous said...

sweeeeeeeeet =P

and if you don't, you'll make it onto my Boo list =P

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I am so happy that you are going to do something you want with your life! Nothing but good times ahead, that's for sure