Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Great Dog Name Search

Days till Boston: 2

Days till Old Age: 42

For those of you who don't know, this is Jazz:



She's my 12 year old Lhasapoo (part Poodle, part Lhasa Apso) and she needs a friend when I move. Since I'm hideously allergic to any dog that's not a poodle crossbreed, and since I want another dog with the same temperament and personality as Jazz, I've decided to go with another lhasapoo. I was thinking perhaps gray or brown, for some variety:


Obviously, they're sickeningly adorable in any color.


I'm going to go with a slightly older dog (although ideally I'd like it to still be in the puppy range, so it knows Jazz from the beginning) because I won't have the time or patience (or mental stability) for house breaking it. I need a fun and energetic dog to keep Jazz company during the day - and something that won't pounce out of closets and maul her, like my dad's cats do.

So, all other factors aside (money to buy the new dog with, money to feed the new dog with, time to walk the new dog, etc) I'm in need of a name for Dog. And not "Dog" like Erin would suggest, because that's confusing and unoriginal and I'd sort of feel bad just going with it. Ignoring her "advice" I've come up with a list of possible names:

1. Ibiza (Ibby?) - because it has a "Z" in it like Jazz's name, and that seems quirky and fresh without being something retarded like "Tinkerbell" or "Mittens"

2. Alessandra Ambrosio - because who doesn't want to snuggle up with her? Seriously, I'd like to meet that person, because I'm certain they don't actually exist

3. Kishka - idk it sounds kind of Yiddish, my mother would be a fan

4. Stella - eh not too bad, but I feel like this is popular among tiny dogs

5. Cashmere - thank you, Jen, for that... suggestion

And yeah, that's all I've got. As you can see, I'm in desperate need of help. I want something fun and quirky (and something that fits a small, retarded dog) but nothing that sounds like it escaped from Paris Hilton's dog kennel of insanity. And while the idea of naming a lhasapoo something like "Moose" or "Wolf" is amusing, I'm not sure that'd work. Unless I choose a brown one, and went with Moose. That has potential...

No comments: